Fresh pumpkin gets transformed in pumpkin goodness: rich pumpkin spice muffins filled with chocolate chips. Yummy.
I started off with a fresh pumpkin. To prepare:
1. Cut in half
2. Place cut side down on an oiled bakingsheet, cover with aluminiumfoil.
3. Place in 175 degrees oven
4. Bake for 1,5 hour
5. Take out of oven, leave to cool for a bit, scoop out pumpkin flesh with spoon
6. Mash pumpkinflesh with pureemaker
7. Ready to use.
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper liners.
3. Mix sugar, oil, eggs. Add pumpkin and water.
4. In separate bowl mix together the baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.. 5. Add wet mixture and stir in chocolate chips.
6. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.